The Parent and Grandparent Sponsorship program is one of Canada’s most popular immigration programs. The program permits Canadian citizens and permanent residents to sponsor their parents or grandparents for permanent residence in Canada.
- support them and their dependants financially
- make sure they don’t need social assistance from the government
- Must meet or exceed the Minimum Necessary Income i.e. Low Income Cut Off (LICO) plus 30% for the 3 previous years as is the case with sponsoring Parents and Grandparents.
- Sponsors must provide Notices of Assessment (NOA’S) from the CRA to IRCC as proof that they meet these requirements.
- Must sign an Undertaking that commits the sponsor to provide financial support. Should the sponsored Parents or Grandparents be in receipt of any social assistance then the sponsor is responsible for the repayment of these benefits paid to the sponsored family members for 20 years from the date that they obtain Permanent Residence for Canada
If you would like to sponsor your parents or grandparents to come to Canada, please contact us to arrange a consultation.