Temporary resident visa(TRV)

Depending on your country of citizenship, you may require a visa in order to enter Canada. A Temporary Resident Visa will permit you to legally enter Canada to visit family and friends or to conduct certain limited business activities as a business visitor.

Except for Canadian citizens and permanent residents, all other individuals require permission to enter Canada as a visitor and require either a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or an eTA (electronic Travel Authorization), unless they are US Citizens..

Visa-required foreign nationals must apply for a temporary resident visa (TRV) to travel to Canada as

  • visitors
  • workers
  • Students

Find out if you need a visa to travel


Most travellers need a visitor visa to travel to Canada. You may also need one if you’re transiting through a Canadian airport on your way to your final destination.

Who can apply

You must meet some basic requirements to get a visitor visa. You must:

  • have a valid travel document, like a passport
  • be in good health
  • have no criminal or immigration-related convictions
  • convince an immigration officer that you have ties—such as a job, home, financial assets or family—that will take you back to your home country
  • convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit
  • have enough money for your stay
  • The amount of money you will need depends on how long you will stay and if you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives.

You may also need a medical exam and letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada.

Business Visitors

The business visitor category facilitates entry to Canada for people who intend to engage in international business activities in Canada without directly entering the Canadian labor market.

Examples of activities in this category include

  • attendance at business meetings, trade conventions or exhibitions
  • procurement of Canadian goods and services
  • activities of people providing after-sales services
  • activities of foreign government officials not accredited to Canada
  • activities of certain foreign nationals in the commercial production industry, such as advertising, or in the film or recording industry, including those using studios (limited to small groups that are renting studios and not entering the labor market)

Contact us for further information regarding the procedures for applying for a Temporary Resident Visa.

Your Immigration Journey Starts Here
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Our mission is to simplify the Canadian immigration process for you.
Yash Sharma
Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant.
(+1) 647-530-0426
9, Doris Pawley Crescent, Caledon, Ontario - L7C 4E7
Member # R534521
Verify Status with ICCRC
Copyright © 2020 Mars immigration Inc. All rights reserved.
menu-circle linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram